Monday, July 13, 2009

He is a John, but he is Better Named Ryan


Ironically, I didn’t like him that much back in high school. I saw him as a bad influence to our friends especially with my boyfriend. But then when fortune played its card on me, he turned out to be the perfect best friend I longed for.

It occurred at the time that I was slowly fixing my self after knowing about the affair a long, long time ago. It was hard to pick up the pieces when all these insecurities fills up your head. Yet at that time that I wanted to feel the isolation he was there with me.

When I can’t hold back the tears he lent his back for me to cry on. I called him almost every night when I badly needed someone to talk to. I don’t know if he’s irritated with me already for always bugging him but I never felt it.

Our bond grows deeper as we shared problems regarding our families. He understand me better than anyone since we share a common family problem. He bought me bread when I ran away from home. He had that way to make me laugh over my problems. He can handle me very well and he understood where these tantrums and bad temper were coming from. He was there, the one I can always depend on.

What relationship I had with him is very special to me. I cherish him deeply because I can trust him. To the extent that we both know what we have is something far more precious than being lovers and that is friendship.

We can get really close to each other without feeling uncomfortable. He treats me like his brother! Yup, not even a damn sister. When people say that maybe he is the right one for me i toss the idea out. They just don’t understand the concept of two people in the opposite gender feel good about each other without the strings of affection.

Presently, he is busy running around errands as president of a university organization. I gave him the space he needed for himself but I will always be there supporting him.

He also found girls he like. As many as he can handle! At the back of my mind I’m happy that he’s a chickboy type. It is because I can still call him at my moments of desperations. I still can enjoy this privilege until the day that he found the right girl for him.

Damn! I hope he chooses the right one. The type I can go along with too.




No comments:

Post a Comment