Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Kiss: Christmas Kiss (Part II)


On my third year of high school I received a teddy bear from Lyndon for the third consecutive time that Christmas. He was not yet my boyfriend that year. It was the last day of school for year 2001 and we were having a yearly Chirstmas Party. I was under a very problematic situation back then and my spirit was really down that is why when I held my very first teddy bear I was really touched. He never forgotten to give me Christmas presents. I told Aileen that I was going to kiss him as my way of gratitude because I never really had given him anything since first year.

The day was nearly ending when I saw Lyndon and our friend Jonic going to the staircase since their classroom was located at the second floor.

"It's now or never" I thought.

When I called out his name and went towards him I thought Jonic would just head towards their classroom to give us some space, but he didn't.

"Shocks naman, nakakahiya, bakit kasi ayaw pang umalis ni Jonic"

But I didn't have any choice and I was really determined to do it. So I just talked to Lyndon saying "Thank you talaga sa teddy bear ha." He replied, "Wala yun".

I was only repeating that same line over and over again until I grab his hand, leaned forward and kiss him in the cheek. My plan was to kiss him and then run away. I immediately looked away and was about to run when he, with his very keen reflexes, grab my hands before I could even take my second step.

"Shocks naman!!!"

My blood was going up in my head. I tried to free my hand from his grasp but he was too strong.

"Uy, sige na" I was really blushing and couldn't look at him at all. I can't even remember what he was saying because I was totally embarrassed not only for the fact that I just kissed him but also because Jonic was standing just a meter away from us and had seen the whole scenario! It was double the embarrassment. Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment