Sunday, March 28, 2010

Complaint Letter on Defective Product

SECURITY OFICE

Grand Central

Caloocan City


Dear Sir;

I purchased a pair of black DS STYLE sandals for two hundred fifty pesos (Php250.00) last March 26, 2010(Friday) at around 1900 – 1930 from the complained tiangge stationed at the lower ground floor of Grand Central. I used the said sandals twice, on my way to Lipa last Saturday and on my trip back to Caloocan. Today, two days after the purchase at around 14:00, while I was walking towards the village entrance from Lipa the right sandal split into two. There was no store around to buy myself a pair of slippers so I decided to walk my way through tiptoed to match the 2’inch hills of my left foot. By the time that I was at the bus station the other sandal broke also.


I had a really hard time walking since I can practically feel the ground by only wearing what was left of the sandals with no hills. From walking from Buendia to the LRT station then from LRT station towards the lower ground of the Grand Central I was walking carefully since I might slip down.


When I approached the two lady vendors I vent out about the defective sandals I just bought. I had taken Business Law as one of my subjects back in college and I am fully aware of the Consumer Act regarding defective products. I know for a fact that it was a defective product and my right is to demand a replacement or reimbursement of what I had paid. One of the vendor disagreed with me and said I can’t return the said sandals since it was purchased in “good condition” but if it is in good condition it would not broke down so easily. They didn’t assist me or help me any further. I asked for a receipt but they didn’t gave me any and they’re alibi was that the official receipt was with the owner. She, the vendor, said that she told me that there was no receipt back when I was purchasing the sandals but I did not remember that she had said that to me. They entertained other customers while leaving me there standing. I was already frustrated that no one would give me any remedy then I asked to see the owner of the store but no one did answer me seriously. I felt that the owner was hiding from me so I went to the Security Office to help me on this matter.


On my part I can say that I exercised due diligence on my way of using the sandals and I paid good money for it. I just lost two hundred fifty pesos which is very material for me. The owner should have trained their staff more effectively while the vendor should not speak to the customer if she doesn’t know how to respond politely to a customer. I think that both the owner and the vendor have the responsibility to at least study or even read the Consumer Act since they’re doing business.


I plead to the management of Grand Central to take action regarding this matter.


Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment